Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Snow and a Good Book

What is it about snow that makes you want to curl up with a good book, a hot cup of tea/coffee/cocoa and snuggle under a quilt while watching the snow fall?  That was me today.  We had our first real snow.  "Real" meaning we got an inch rather than a few flurries.  I picked up an old Zebra romance I picked up at a used bookstore and lost myself in the simple story with a cup of hot cider.  While reading I was stuck with the idea that reading is a comfort, like chicken soup is a comfort food when your sick.  Reading is a comfort food for my soul.  As I read my imagination takes off and I can stay in my snug house surrounded by those I love, and have an adventure, or "watch" someone fall in love for the first time.  The snow outside magnified that comfort feeling because of the great feeling of, "it's freezing outside and I'm snug inside."  You know that feeling.  Its the same one you get when the wind is howling outside your window and you hear the rain pelt the glass and you squirm under the covers of your bed and revel in the warmth and comfort of your bed.  I love that feeling.  Today I was reminded just how great book can be on a cold, blustery, snowy day.  What is your favorite thing to do inside on a "snow"day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment