Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Escape literature is my favorite.  There's nothing better than to loose yourself in a book for a few minutes. It's my grown up version of playing dress-up and playing pretend.  Usually, historical or contemporary romances are my first choice, but I was told of a new author I simply had to check out, so I did.  Her genre would be considered paranormal romance, with a heavy dose of suspense and mystery.  I was game and it didn't hurt that I won a copy of one of her books on a blog-hop tour on her website.  "Jamas Vu" by Monique O'Connor James was a ride, A RIDE.  Honestly, I set my kindle down after finishing it and stared at the wall for a minute waiting for my  mind to stop spinning, in a wonderfully delicious way.  The woman can write.  While I would of liked a little more closure to some of the elements she brought up, I'm reserving the right to recant my opinion after I read her newest release in the series, "Deja Vu" which just released.  Here's an overview of the first book in the series.

Darby is back from the dead, literally and she has no clue why except that she was sent back by God for a reason she can't quite figure out.  She dreams about situations that either have happened or will happen and she feels it's her job to save these people from certain death.  The demons that haunt her dreams are written with a tangible disgust that makes you want to take a shower.  The love she experiences is heart wrenching as she fights for those in her dreams to overcome struggles with cancer, addiction, and love lost.  There's no way I could put into words what Ms. James does in describing the other worldly happenings that take place in the book, especially with the finesse she so easily writes with.  For lack of a better way to describe it, its a trippy book. Messes with your head, and makes you not want to blink in case you miss something.


I highly recommend checking it out, you can either purchase it or download a sample here:

http://www.amazon.com/Jamais-Vu-ebook/dp/B005SG02FE/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326781633&sr=1-1-spell


Have fun and leave me a comment on what YOU thought about when you read it...I'll pass it along to the author!

2 comments: