Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

An Unlikely Alliance by Rachel Van Dyken



So, I have to admit that the cover kinda made me wonder what went on within the delicious pages of the book, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's intense, hilarious and also very tasteful.  This is honestly my new favorite novella.  I posted a review on amazon, here it is!



5.0 out of 5 stars spectacular!February 1, 2012
This review is from: An Unlikely Alliance (Kindle Edition)
Evelyn is one of my favorite heroines of all time! Strong, confident and beautiful she won't give into Royce's many charms. This of course, is irresistible to Royce and their incredible story begins. As I was reading I felt like Royce was channeling Huge Grant and it made me smile the whole way though. I can't remember a novella that had such fireworks between the characters! This is a great story, and you won't want to put it down till you're finished. I read it, then re-read it and I know I'll be reading it again soon...it was that good. Go Rachel Van Dyken, you've done it again.

Rachel was kind enough to include the blurb when I asked her for more information..plus a surprise...Keep reading!



Spoiled New York rogue Royce Mc Arthur lives a charmed life. He sees no reason to settle down, until his mother issues her decree that he must grow up, find a wife and produce some grandchildren?preferably before she dies of old age. But his choices are quite limited considering the only women of his acquaintance are ones of ill repute.

Meeting the beautiful Evelyn DeJarlias at a ball gives him hope he may have found the one. Her southern blue collar outspokenness and lack of refinement draws him like a moth to a flame. Unfortunately, she does not find him nearly as endearing -- consistently refusing his lavish gifts and his attentions, she poses a challenge he simply cannot ignore.

When his mother and her widowed father begin to keep company together secretly, it provides theperfect excuse for him to spend time with Miss DeJarlias. But figures from Royces past threaten to destroy the blossoming love between the couple. Evelyn must decide if she is willing to trust the man or hold his past indiscretions against him.


So, you ready for the surprise?  If you purchase this book, fwd the Amazon or Barnes and Noble receipt to love.rachele@gmail.com. The prize? Chances at one of ten free copies of Rachel's upcoming release of "The Redemption of Lord Rawlings." The exciting, climactic ending to the House of Renwick Series, her USA bestseller!

Don't you love a great romance?

1 comment:

  1. :) You always write awesome reviews! This is a super good book!

    ReplyDelete